Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Moment

Here I sit typing with but one hand, because my other is holding you. At this moment you are in need of support because you are just short of one month old. Your form has yet to grow to the size and strength needed to support itself. This is a crutial gift you give yourself and those in your life that desire your dependance, oh how we are all growing with you!

I sing to you a song that I know is suitable for anyone but bears significant meaning to the stance you are already taking in this world.

"Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream."

This is my experience that when someone sleeps for a great amount of time, they awake with clarity, excitement and grand energy to tackle their purpose in the waking world. Well you have certainly been doing this. Watch out world, when you wake up! Although I truly hope that you retain your truth that everything you need is still there when you close your eyes, in fact it's closer.

I can see your acceptance of this life in your fragile smile, your arms reaching for what you desire, and your eyes (although closed) fervently searching for limits.

I feel your potential. All you need is love sweety.

I love you little B. Now to do away with what you don't need, which is sitting in my hand...where is Gran-Pappa?

Yours Sincerely
Uncle M@

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice to see someone express such wonder the way you do. You obviously share a wonderful relationship with your niece. Your words convey a sense of love and understanding for the little people of this world. Thank you for sharing! Also, she is absouletly adorable!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home